Need help to formulate program on gender for adolescent girls.

Hello every one

My self punam i am working with Rajiv Gandhi Mahila Vikas priyojan Uttar pradesh India. RGMVP is working for poverty reduction and women empowerment in 49 backward districts of Uttar Pradesh. I am working here as program officer (Young women Self help group) YWSHG is unique program we have started mobilizing adolescent girls in to YWSHG and currently we have 250000 SHGs. 13 to 21 years girls are the part of the YWSHG. We are working with these girls on Menstrual health management and nutrition, leadership rights and entitlement, self defense. 

I would like to formulate training program on Gender and gender based violence. As these girls are the key resource and change makers in society. They are very enthusiastic to work within community for the same i need to formulate programs and activities. It would be great help for me if you could guide me and assist me for the same.

Worm regards.

Punam Surekha.

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Aasa 

Thank you so much for sharing this. Will go through it thank you so much again.

Hi Punam,

I work with communities. My personal experience is that teaching, training on gender and raising awareness has very limited results.

We have to hold the space and encourage adolescents to take action. An approach which focuses on strengths called SALT has been very effective in motivating people to change the way they operate.  Read more https://www.communitylifecompetence.org/

Best wishes for your project

Rituu

Thank you Rituu, sorry for delay in replay, I will go through it. 

Many thanks.  

Webinar has held on Focusing on the ‘S’ in Social and Behavior Change: Scaling Up Norms-Shifting Interactions for Adolescent Health. If you go to this link and register you will find the recording https://www.e2aproject.org/event/focusing-s-social-behavior-change-...

Hi Punam, I have experience creating a similar program for adolescent girls in Rajasthan with a local NGO, as well as strong background in GBV. I would love to be of help! Please feel free to contact me. I have also sent you a LinkedIn request.

All the best,
Fonda

Hello Fonda,

Thank you so much, sure i will contact you. 

Hi Punam,

I have worked with young boys and girls in a gender-focused programme. Please let me know what you are looking for. Would be happy to share inputs/collborate etc.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Rituu B Nanda.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service