Recommendations on intermediary organizations working directly with grassroots women's groups on CC, Ag, + Empowerment

Dear members,
I’m Dr. Katie Tavenner, a consultant working with the Global Center for Gender Equality (GCfGE).The Center is currently undertaking a scoping exercise to identify and profile intermediary 
organizations directly working with grassroots women’s groups working at the intersection of climate resilience, agricultural development, and gender equality/women’s empowerment.  The geographical scope is South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.  These organizations would be working regionally or internationally; they would not include government agencies

Given your collective sectoral expertise, I am reaching out to request your suggestions or recommendations on organizations that meet the aforementioned criteria, including any contact information on these intermediaries.
Thank you and kind regards,
Katie 

Views: 776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dr Katie, please would you elaborate on the definition of intermediary org. Thanks

Hi Rituu, great question!

This scoping study is essentially creating a roster of organizations that would be able to work 'between' NGOs and larger donor organizations at the regional or international level. These types of intermediary organizations would be able to have the capacity to support grassroots women's organizations directly, as well as the capacity to facilitate activities/projects at the regional/international level. I hope this offers some clarity, & will keep this posting updated in case our definition changes. Thank you to all who have offered suggestions, we appreciate your support!

Dear Katie, I recommend you contact Akinyi Nzioki, Clearwomen, Kenya. The website is currently down. Akinyi is a member of this platform I think though last checked in in 2019 it seems, but does super work. Best Cathy

Thanks Cathy for responding!

Afrihealth Optonet Association (AHOA).

Contact: Dr. Uzodinma Adirieje.Email: afrihealthoptonet2@gmail.com; Phone/WhatsApp no.: +2348034725905 

Afrihealth Optonet Association (AHOA) is a community-focused civil society organizations (CSOs) international network coalition and think tank promoting policies, practices, programmes and interventions that enhance productivity, accountability and transparency in Society Welfare/Social Safety nets, Development Work, Sustainable Development and Health. AHOA’s mandate includes building an inclusive and broad movement for Health and Sustainable Development; Creating avenues to influence the design and implementation of policies, practices, programmes and interventions; Promoting coordination, information exchange and harmonization among the civil society and stakeholder groups across the world; and Promoting citizen involvement, leadership and accountability mechanisms.

AHOA has a global membership/partnership of over 1000 organizations mainly from the global South and promotes the ‘One Health’ paradigm where Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being. AHOA uses partnership/collaboration, advocacy, research/evidence generation, capacity development, outreaches, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) as strategies. AHOA’s activities/interventions are for the benefit of rural and poor urban dwellers, marginalized, vulnerable and disadvantaged populations of women, children, adolescents, persons with disability, persons in conflict-affected areas, the poor, elderly, rural, disadvantaged and vulnerable persons, orphans and the elderly. The AHOA CSOs Movement/Network Coalition and Think-tank works to explore the nexus between Health – UHC, PHC, Reproductive Health, PHC, HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, NCDs, NTDs, Vaccines/Immunization and COVID-19; Energy and Environment - biodiversity, environment, ecosystems, renewable energy, energy efficiency, conservation and climate change (BEEREEECCC); Nutrition/micronutrients and Food Security; Gender, Democracy, Good Governance and Human Rights. AHOA partners with the Society for Conservation and Sustainability of Energy and Environment in Nigeria (SOCSEEN). AHOA has members/local Chapters in Nigeria’s 36 States and Federal Capital Abuja, National Chapters in some countries, sub-regional Chapters in North Africa, West and Central Africa, East and Southern Africa; and in America, Asia, Caribbean, Europe and Oceania regions. AHOA has a Consultative Status at the United Nations ECOSOC; and an Accredited Observer status at the UNEP/United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA). 

Greetings Katie,

Kindly find our details here

Socially Organized Educative Team (SOET) CBO

COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT-WEST NILE.

MORE CAN BE FOUND AT https://cepadwestnile.org/

https://pide.org.pk is recommended by my from short experience end 2022.
Search for profiles and CVs there, und you will certainly be able to find suitable consultants for yr intended work. Best for now

Susanne Bauer, PhD Humanities
D - 10999 Berlin

bauersl@posteo.de
_49 151 17861960

Hi Dr Katie,

I am recommending " MART Global Manangement Solutions LLP", Noida, UP, INDIA as a Consulting firm working PAN INDIA on Climate resilient Agriculture, Agricultural development & women's empowerment since last 30 years. 

I am a part of the team as Sr Consultant for Odisha state, since last 5 years with 33 yrs experience in the sector. MART is a knowledge based Organization and in over 28 years of our existence we have promoted millions of Livelihoods in the last 2.5 decades and worked intensively in livelihoods and marketing across the sector. We have enriched our grassroots knowledge and expertise working  as Technical Support Agency to more than 23 bilateral/multilateral projects supported by DFID, JICA, World Bank, ADB, USAID, IFAD and INGOs in India and Asia. We have strong links with the government apart from private and corporate sector players through our work on emerging markets and providing business and rural solutions.Recently we have facilitated 8 batches of training programmes to 221 CEOs & BoDs from 74 FPOs ( Farmers Producer Organisations)  under NABARD West Bengal Regional office. Now, MART, Odisha is undertaking a study on " Climate Pro Baseline Survey". IRRI. Bhubaneswar, Odisha.

I am sharing the MART credentials for your kind information & necessary action. I am there to clarify any of your queries. If required you can talk to Ramesh Chandra Jena, CEO, MART either over ramesh@martrural.com or on Mobile+919437468710.

Premananda Biswal.Sr Consultant , MART, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, premananda@martrural.com

Mob+919937585816MART%20GLOBAL%20CREDENTIAL2023.pdfMART GLOBAL MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LLP

Attachments:

Dear Katie (if I may),

One organization I'd definitely recommend is AWAN Afrika led by Beatrice Gakuba who can be reached at:  beatrice@awanafrika.org

AWAN Afrika is a Pan African non-profit organization limited by guarantee that provides a platform for African women and youth in Agribusiness to access markets, trade information and finance as envisaged in The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals 5, 8, 3, 2 and 1.

• Present in 43 African countries
  • A network of 2500 women & youth-owned VSSMLEs Agri-businesses across the Continent
  • Impacting 500, 000 Very Small Agri-businesses
  • Represented by AWAN Under30 champions at 40%.
  • The Secretariat team has over 100 years of combined industry experience
  • AWAN Afrika business members have a combined net worth of over $100Million per annum.
  • Language diversity: English, French, Portuguese, Arabic and Kiswahili

Good luck with this important research and let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Cheers!

Denise

Hi Katie,

Milaan is a non-profit organization that works in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka. Milaan which envisions an inclusive and equal world, where every girl has the knowledge, skills, and social environment to pursue her dreams and explore her full potential. One of Milaan's interventions, called Unmukt Program, focuses on GBV in public spaces. The Unmukt program aims to address VAGW in rural public spaces in Uttar Pradesh by enabling girls and women to claim public spaces, fundamental for their aspirations, as their right, and create new narratives challenging the old ones which perpetuated the fear of violence.

To know more about our work; please write to javed@milaanfoundation.org

I recommend organisation FACT IN ZIMBABWE , in Southern Africa region. FACT is a national NGO working across the entire population. Women and adolescents girls and young women constitute part of the key focus groups. FACT has more than 10 years of subgranting support in women’s organizations and promoting resilience through livelihoods.it has a huge SGBV FOCUS . In the event of interest considering FACT reach out to pzambezi@fact.org.zw

RSS

© 2024   Created by Rituu B Nanda.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service