I work as a Librarian at Institute of Social Studies Trust (ISST), Delhi. I have listed ISST Reports, Publications in the last decade (2003-2013). ISST a non-profit organization has carried out research and evaluation on issues of education, health, social protection, NREGA and violence.You are welcome to our office Library to access these studies. We have digitalized our reports and plan to soon link them to our new website.
1. Learning from STEP Evaluations : How Best to Strengthen Skills – META EVALUATION, Prep by – ISST to Min of WCD, 2013
2. Concurrent Evaluation of Project “ Increasing Grassroots Women’s Leadership, Capacity and Awareness for Better Action and Rights” – Report on Year 3 (2012 – 2013), PROSVIL YEAR 3, Supported by – SEWA
3. Evaluation of STEP Project : Support to Shiva Gramodyog Mandal , Kathua, Jammu & Kashmir for Mushroom Cultivation, Submitted to Ministry of WCD, Govt of India, January, 2013
4. Evaluating the Voice Message Service of IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Limited (IKSL) in Punjab and Rajasthan : Understanding the Impact and need of the Rural Community, Submitted by ISST, Funded by IKSL, December, 2012
5. Concurrent Evaluation on Project “Increasing Grassroots Women’s Leadership, Capacity and Awareness for Better Action and Rights” – Report on Year 2 (2011-2012), PROSVIL
6. “Evaluation of STEP Projects : Society of People for Development, Dehradun, Uttarakhand – Handicraft Trade” (2012, February) ISST submitted to Min of WCD, Govt of India
7. “Documentation / Process Evaluation of Implementation Experiences of GRCs in North West District, Delhi” (2011, December) Report by ISST, Sponsored by Samajik Suvidha Sangam, Govt of NCT of Delhi
8. “Report on Cuncurrent Evaluation of STEP Project – Carpet Weaving in Mirzapur” Implementing Agency” (2011, July) Rep Submit by ISST to Min of WCD, Govt of India
9. Evaluation of the STEP Project : Goat Rearing Programme of UNECCS Bageshwar, Uttaranchal Phase I, ISST submitted to Min of WCD, June 2011
10. “Evaluation of PROSVIL Project – ‘Increasing Grassroots Women’s Leadership, Capacity and Awareness, For Better Action and Rights” (2011, April) Rep Submitted by ISST to Indian Academy for Self Employed Women
11. “Evaluation of STEP Project – “Zari Zardosi Programme of Adarsh Mahila Kalyan Shiksha Samiti Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh” (2011, March) Rep by ISST submitted to Min of WCD, Govt of India
12. Sudarshan, M. Ratna and Et.al., “Final Evaluation Study of UNDP – Planning Commission Partnership on Human Development 1999-2009” (2011, February) ISST with UNDP
13. “An Endline Study of Street Vendors, Construction Workers, and Home Based Workers : Delhi” (2010, November), ISST study for SEWA Bharat and SDTT
14. “Evaluation of STEP Project : Support to Haryana Nav Yuvak Kala Sangam, Haryana for Mushroom Cultivation” (2010, August), ISST submitted to Ministry of Women and Child Development
15. “Socio-Economic Baseline Study of Street Vendors in Ahmedabad” (2010, January), ISST submitted to SEWA Union
16. “Report on Baseline Survey, an Intermediate Study and Final Evaluation in Respect of 3 Blocks Covered under Doosra Dashak with Financial Support of Sir Dorabji Tata Trust” (2009, April), ISST submitted to Doosra Dashak
17. “Study on Impact of Micro Finance in Reduction of Domestic Violence Against Women” (2009, December), ISST for Ministry of Women and Child Development
18. “Evaluation of STEP Project – Support to Sanidhya Samiti, Bhopal : Madhya Pradesh for Handicrafts” (2009, March), ISST submitted to Ministry of Women and Child Development
19. “Evaluation of Doosra Dashak Programme of Foundation for Education and Development in Laxmangarh and Pindwara Blocks, Rajasthan” (2008, November), ISST with Oxfam Novib
20. “Report on Baseline Study for Impact Assessment of Project Empowering Adolescent Girls as Future Leaders and Trainers” (2008), ISST submitted to SEWA Academy
21. “A Baseline Study of Street Vendors, Construction Workers, and Home Based Workers : Delhi” (2008, October), ISST study for SEWA BHARAT and SDTT
22. “Evaluation of STEP Project – Support to H.P State Handloom and Handicrafts Development Cooperative Federation Ltd. For Carpet Weaving” – Phase I & II” (2008, September), ISST submitted to Ministry of Women and Child Development
23. “Baseline Survey in Sanmatipur, Murshidabad” (2008), ISST with SEWA BHARAT
24. “Baseline Study in Baap, Kishanganj and Peesangan blocks in Rajasthan for the Doosra Dashak Project” (2007), ISST for Foundation for Education and Development & Sir Dorabjee Tata Trust
25. “Evaluation of the STEP (Support for Training and Employment) Programme” (2007), ISST for Ministry of Women and Child Development
26. “A Report on the Concurrent Evaluation of the STEP Project in Goat Rearing”(2006), ISST for Ministry of Women and Child Development
27. “Concurrent Evaluation of STEP Project (Handicrafts) being implemented by BSGSS in Delhi”(2006), ISST for Ministry of Women and Child Development
28. “Evaluation of STEP Projects : Support to the Nittur Education Society for Dairy Project in Bidar, Karnataka” (2005), ISST submitted to Dept. of Women and Child Development
29. “Evaluation of STEP Projects : Support to the Karnataka Milk Federation for Dairy Project in Karnataka” (2005), ISST submitted to Dept. of Women and Child Development
1. Sudarshan, M.Ratna “India’s National Rural Employment Guarantee Act : Women’s Participation and Impacts in Himachal Pradesh, Kerala and Rajasthan” (2011, January) Rep pub by CSP
2. “Women and the NREGA : Implication for Migration, Decent Work and Gender” (2007), ILO with ISST
3. “Study on Women and the NREGA”(2006), ILO with ISST
1. A Study on the Gender Wage Gap in India, Study by ISST for ILO, 2012
2. “Facilitating Women in Endemic Poverty Regions of India to Access, Actualize and Sustain Provisions on Women Empowerment” – Baseline Study. ISST Submitted to PRADAN, 2011-2012
3. “Addressing Domestic Violence in Delhi : Filling the Gap between Intent and Outcomes” (2012, January) ISST submitted to The Asia Foundation
4. Roadmap of Girls’ Education : Girl’s Education and Gender Equality – A Review, Prep by ISST for UNICEF, March, 2011
5. Sudarshan, M.Ratna & Sinha, Shalini “Making Home-Based Work Visible : A Review of Evidence from South Asia” (2011, January) Rep Pub by WIEGO
6. “Impact Assessment Report of Project Empowering Adolescent Girls as Future Leaders and Trainers” (2010, March), ISST submitted to SEWA Academy
7. “Study of IT Programmes for Youth from Low Income Families in Bangalore”(2010), ISST, Bangalore
8. “Report on Policy Research Environment and Policy Research Institutes in South Asia” (2008 – 2010), ISST submitted to IDRC
9. “Report on Urban Poor Livelihoods – Domestic Workers in Delhi” (2009, December), ISST submitted to Sir Dorabji Tata Trust
10. “Qualitative Studies of Selected Educational Initiatives in South Indian States (Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh) – Revisiting Education For All” (2006 – 2009), Meera Pillai and Radha Ramaswamy, ISST with IDRC, Canada
11. “Rapid Assessment Study of the Impact of the Financial and Economic Slowdown on the Handicrafts Industry in Sanganer, Rajasthan” (2009, May – June), ILO with ISST
12. “Policy Workshops on Home-based Workers in Lucknow, Patiala and Patna” (2008), ISST with HomeNet India
13. “Socio Economic Study for Domestic Workers in Ahmedabad” (2008), ISST for SEWA & Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
14. “Through the Magnifying Glass : Women’s Work and Labour Force Participation in Urban Delhi”(2007), Ratna M. Sudarshan & Shrayana Bhattacharya, ILO with ISST.
15. “Case Studies of Homebased Workers in Bihar, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh” (2006), ISST for Home Net India, Sponsored by UNIFEM.
16. “Social Protection for Home-based Women Workers in South Asia : Learning from Action and Research” (2006), HomeNet South Asia and ISST with support from Ford Foundation
17. “Women in Leadership Positions : A Scoping Paper” (2005), ISST
18. “Beyond Practical Gender Needs – Women in North-Eastern and Hill States” (2005), ISST for UNDP
19. “Ensuring Public Accountability through Community Action – Final Report”(2005), ISST submitted to IDRC, Canada
20. “Seminar on Women’s Livelihoods in Coastal Communities : Management of the Environment and Natural Resources” (2005), ISST
21. “Qualitative Research : Abortion Assessment Project”(2005), ISST with CEHAT & Healthwatch
22. “Promoting Work and Networks : Women in the Urban Informal Economy” (2004), ILO-SRO
23. “Ethical Trading Initiative Impact Assessment : India Workshop – Company Codes and Labour Practice in Indian Garments” (2004), ISST
24. “Impact of Globalisation on Women : A Conference Report” (2004), NCW
25. “Decent Employment for Women – Learnings and Recommendations from the Pilot Project” (2004), ISST
Gender and Economic Policy Discussion Forum
Forum 1 : Is Micro-Finance at the Crossroads in India? What does it mean for Women’s Livelihood Concerns?
Forum 2 : Empowering Women through Skill Development – Challenges and Opportunities
Forum 3 : ‘Women Farmer’s Entitlement Bill 2011 : Understanding the Changing Needs of Agriculture Economy’
Forum 4 : Engendering the Government’s Flagship Programmes : Looking at the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and the Total Sanitation Campaign (TSC)
Forum 5 : “Engendering Social Protection for Informal Economy Workers”
1. Uttarakhand Mahila Parishad (Uttarakhand Women’s Federation) (2010), ISST with USNPSS
2. Progress of Women in South Asia (2007), ISST with UNIFEM
3. Sudarshan, M.Ratna & Pande, Suchi (2007) : “Ensuring Public Accountability through Community Action : A Case Study in East Delhi”, ISST.
4. Mukhopadhyay, Swapna (Ed) (2007) : “The Enigma of the Kerala Woman : A Failed Promise of Literacy”, Social Science Press.
5. Mukhopadhyay, Swapna & Kamble, B.Vinay (2006) : “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Gender”, Vigyan Prasar
6. “Accountability to the World’s Women : Progress of South Asian Women 2005”, UNIFEM
7. “Perspectives on Qualitative Research”(2006), ISST
8. Mukhopadhyay, Swapna & Sudarshan, M.Ratna (2003) : “Tracking Gender Equity : Under Economic Reforms, Continuity and Change in South Asia”, Kali for Women.
1. Dasgupta, Sukti & Sudarshan, M.Ratna “Issues in Labour Market Inequality and Women’s Participation in India’s National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme”, ILO
2. Bhattacharya, Shrayana & Sinha, Shalini (2009) “Domestic Workers in India : Background and Issues”, ILO
3. Sudarshan, M.Ratna & Bhattacharya, Shrayana (2007) “Issue Brief : Gender Mainstreaming in the National Rural Employment Guarantee” , ISST submitted to UNDP
4. Woehling, Sophie Sharma, Shubh (2007) : “Playground Study – The Playground : A Place full of interactions and diverse expectations”, ISST.
5. “Workshop and Exhibition on Comics (Bolti Lakeerain Talking Lines)” 2007, By – World Comics India & ISST
6. Kakwani, Nanak Mukhopadhyay, Swapna & Soares, V.Fabio (2006) : “Gender and the Millennium Development Goals : the Role of Economic Growth and Distribution”, 27p.
7. Mukhopadhyay, Swapna & Tendulkar, D. Suresh (2006) : “Gender Disparities in the Labour Market : An Analysis of NSS Data”, 45p.
8. Jayaweera, Swarna &Wanasundera, Leelangi (2006) : “Gender and Information and Communication Technology in Sri Lanka : An Overview”, CENWOR, 28p.
9. Duc, Le Thuc Trung, Tran Quoc & Thi Thanh ha, Nguyen (2006) : “The Gendered Impact of Information and Communication Technologies in Vietnam”, 39p.
10. Mukhopadhyay, Swapna (2006) : “The Enigma of the Kerala Woman : Does High Literacy Necessarily Translate into High Status”, ISST, 23p.
11. Mallica (2005) : “Poor Children in Rich Schools” (A report on the implementation of 20% freeships to economically marginalized children in recognized private Un-aided schools in east delhi), ISST.
12. Sudashan, M.Ratna & Bhattacharya, Rina (2004) : “Chronic Poverty and Gendered Patterns of Intra-household Resource Allocation : A Preliminary Enquiry”, IIPA & CPRC.
Add a Comment