India's first job opportunities portal for transgender people on Facebook. Access and share. In English and Tamil. A Sahodari Foundation Initiative.
Courtesy Sean FUREY
OPEN TENDER: Evaluation of RWSN - Call for proposals (ENGLISH ONLY)
2017 marks the 25th Anniversary of the founding of the Handpump Technology Network (HTN), which became RWSN in 2006, under the leadership of the late Piers Cross. We are also coming to the end of the current three year strategy period (2015-2017), so during this year we will be developing a new strategy – and be looking for your inputs. However, the purpose of this message is to present an Open Call for Proposals for an evaluation of RWSN.
Please find the Call and links to relevant documents: http://rural-water-supply.net/en/projekts/details/94
The Call is only available in English and only proposals in English will be accepted.
The deadline is Friday 26th May 2017. Send questions to me by 10th May. I will not answer individual questions, an overall response will be posted soon after the 10th. See the Open Call document for more details.
Thanks for your consideration and please re-post and forward to colleagues and other networks.
Sean FUREY MSc FRGS
Rural Water Supply Specialist
Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN)
Secretariat / Sustainable Groundwater Development co-lead
Courtesy David Chavis
Senior and Managing Associates for Evaluation & Capacity Building
(Washington, DC Area)
About Community Science:
Community Science's mission is to help build the capacity of organizations and institutions to develop healthy, just and equitable communities. We study and promote equitable community and system change. Our evaluation and research services are designed to develop the knowledge necessary to address social problems in a way that benefits all communities. Our other primary services include capacity-building products and assistance such as consultation, training, webinars, applications, and guides for practitioners.
The Senior and Managing Associate positions are located in the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our office is in Gaithersburg, MD. We are specifically looking for persons with content knowledge in health (behavioral or physical) equity, community development, child or family support systems, or juvenile justice. Strengths in evaluation and other capacity building areas are highly desirable. More than one position is currently available.
* Provide evaluation and evaluation capacity building services;
* Ensure technical quality control over assigned research, evaluation, and other services or tasks;
* Professionally manage Community Science projects and tasks (people and budgets);
* Organize and analyze complex data and summarize and present findings;
* Write and produce reports and presentations for scientists, practitioners, and the general public; and
* Work with other senior staff on proposal writing and conducting marketing activities.
* Master's degree in a social science, public health planning, or related field with a minimum of eight years of full time relevant work experience;
* Strong experience evaluating strategies that use place-based, systems change, or environmental approaches for addressing health disparities, community development, economic equity, or systems of care for children and families;
* Project management experience and skills (budgets, timelines, and people);
* Demonstrated proficiency in mixed methods evaluation (i.e., both qualitative and quantitative research skills);
* Analysis skills, including ability to maintain quality control over the use of computer analysis tools (e.g., STATA or other statistical software, Atlas.ti);
* Strong communication (written and verbal) skills;
* Ability to travel; and
* Must be able to reside in the Washington, DC area.
* Doctoral degree with ten years or more experience (mid career);
* Successful experience conducting research or evaluation cross culturally promoting changes in communities and other systems;
* Experience in a professional services or consulting organization;
* Demonstrated experience in organizational learning through evaluation capacity building as well as familiarity with this field of practice; and
* Adult education, facilitation, and group dynamics training and experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Community Science offers full- time employees a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, prescription drug, and vision plans; retirement plan with company match; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; opportunities and funds for professional development. This position will be filled as soon as suitable candidates are found.
Go to Community Science Careers/span>https://communityscience.applicantpro.com/jobs/> to apply and communicate with us.
No phone calls please
Community Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a culturally diverse staff to enhance our ability to work with different communities.
Visit our web site http://www.communityscience.com/span>http://www.communityscience.com/> for a more detailed description of our organization and where we are going.
Connecting knowledge with social change
Performance, Research and Evaluation Coordinator - Quantitative
KOMPAK is a large and complex program that is uniquely placed to add value to the Government of Indonesia’s own efforts to improve the social and economic conditions of its citizens; it is aimed at economic expansion and poverty reduction in Indonesia. Abt Associates is supporting frontline services, including health and education, while identifying governance constraints. The work accompanies implementation of Village Law, new national rules that empower local communities and increase the direct flow of money to village governments and services. KOMPAK seeks to strengthen the capacity of all levels of government to improve services, respond to citizen needs and contribute to stable prosperity.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.
The key purpose of this position is to contribute to high quality and useful evaluation, research, and analytical work across KOMPAK work streams.
Specific Duties and responsibilities
This role will:
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found in the position description (see link attached above).
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key selection criteria listed (maximum 3 pages). www.abtassoc.com.au/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: June 1, 2017 (AEST).
We welcome and thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lodging Your Application:
Should you experience any difficulties with the submission process, or have any questions about this role then please contact:
Contact Name: KOMPAK HR Team