Since the COVID-19 outbreak, Global Fund for Children has approved $232,000 in emergency grants for 85 partners. Our community-leaders are pivoting and providing coronavirus relief efforts within their communities globally.
On Wednesday, June 3rd at 10AM EST, GFC’s Youth Leadership Council invites you to hear directly from four GFC community-led partners from Kenya, India, Mexico, and Moldova.
Together, we will get a real and authentic look into the impact on children, youth, and communities created by this global pandemic — and learn how community-led organizations are being impacted, and what their on-going relief efforts look like.
Meet our speakers:
- Mete Coban MBE, Chair of the Youth Leadership Council and moderator
- Douglas Mwangi, Oasis Mathare, Kenya
- Sudha Upadhyayula, My Choices Foundation, India
- Paulina Olvera Cáñez, Espacio Migrante, Mexico/US
- Tatiana Costev, Institute for Rural Initiatives, Moldova
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, our Youth Leadership Council (YLC) wants to let you know — we’re in this together. This global conversation will create a space for our partners and supporters to connect and come together, so that ultimately, all children and youth feel safe, strong, and valued.
Learn more about the Coronavirus Relief Fund here: https://bit.ly/2X4VAvi