Dear members, I am looking for a local colleague to team up with me (and a malagasy colleague, already on board), for a "support mission" for the French NGO ATIA, with a field study phase from February to August 22 and a form of backstopping for 12 more months.
The aim of the "support" is to have an external, expert view on gender, to assess the impact of gender stereotypes on the practices of the women supported as well as on the psychosocial support actions and to accompany an evolution of ATIA's action for a better consideration of gender.
The project is situated in Mumbai and adjacent cities, as well as in Jaipur.
The main specific objectives of this support mission are :
- To take stock of the knowledge, attitudes and practices of the beneficiaries, their families and the teams on gender stereotypes and inequalities and on gender-based violence;
- To assess the effects of psychosocial support on these gender inequalities;
- Analyse the tools used to measure women's empowerment and other gender indicators to be integrated into the monitoring of women and their families;
- Propose complementary activities and methodological recommendations to improve the level of decision-making capacity, the empowerment and access to resources of the women supported. Proposals for improving empowerment measurement tools are specifically expected.
- Supporting the implementation of these proposals and recommendations
The Indian expert is expected to have knowledge of the local context and proven experience in :
- Surveys of poor households;
- Qualitative survey methodology;
- Evaluation of development projects in urban areas;
- Multi-actor dynamics and accompaniment (pedagogical dimension);
- Change-oriented approach;
The team should also have a good knowledge and operational experience in the following areas
- Gender inequalities and gender-based violence
- Social work
- Psychosocial approach
Finally, in terms of interpersonal skills, the team is expected to have
- Ability to discuss with fragile, vulnerable and excluded people;
- Quality of listening and good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to propose solutions adapted to local skills and the potential of the beneficiaries.
The expert based in India must be fluent in English and Hindi (and if possible Marathi).
Interested? Please send your CV as soon as possible to email@example.com.
Hi Elisabeth, please share the deadline for the application. Thanks.