Background: Evalgender+ is a global partnership facilitated by EvalPartners to promote the demand, supply and use of Equity Focused and Gender Responsive Evaluations. http://www.mymande.org/evalgender EvalGender+ management group representing different geographical regions functions through task forces. Please read more about genesis of Evalgender+ management group https://gendereval.ning.com/profiles/blogs/evalgender-launched-in-n... Gender & Evaluation online community serves as knowledge sharing hub ofEvalGender+ which you can signup at https://gendereval.ning.com/
Join our Task forces...
If the topics below strike a chord with you join our task forces. We urge you to volunteer for only one task force…something close to your heart. Please contact the focal points.
1. Advocacy and Leadership Task Group Develop advocacy strategy for engendered evaluation, adapt for related target groups(s) examples:
Focal points: AWUOR PONGE email@example.com and ISHA MIRANDA firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Capacity Development Task group
Mapping of what has been done
Integrate training on gender sensitive and equity focused evaluation in ongoing M&E trainings (with UN and beyond):
Request report and follow-up on training of parliamentarians in Kenya
Mapping institutions that do M&E training, and interested in developing skills
Link to Professionalization group re skills/competencies in conducting GSEF evaluations
Feedback in Evaluation Agenda: ensure that individual, institutional and enabling environment sections reflect interests of the GEEFE;
Interact with Capacity Building TIGs under VOPEs
MyM&E platform: survey of those who completed training online for experience in applying their knowledge, skills in conducting gender sensitive and equity focused evaluations
Training on GEEFE
3. Communication and Knowledge Management Task Group aims to develop a communication and knowledge management strategy for EG+; prepare key messages for information materials/events; develop strategies on using language that is friendly to non-gender community; and using existing platforms to promote EvalGender+. The Group seeks new social media platforms, especially mapping and sharing through platforms, based on communication strategies, VOPE linking, and using existing platforms to call for tools.
4. Tools/approaches Task group works to coordinate and share tools and approaches to increase gender and human rights responsive evaluations. Currently our main focus is on:
5. Participatory Evaluation& are we listening Task Group We aim to delve deeper into various approaches and methodologies around engaging stakeholders including communities in evaluation particularly from Gender and equity lens. Another aspect we want to explore is – are we actually ‘listening’ to the community. What is listening? Who listens? To whom? Why should we listen?
If you are interested to join any of the above do let us know by 1st June 2016.
Evalgender+ Management Group
Add a Comment