I am co-chairing the Capacity Building Task Force of EvalGender+ management group.
We aim to map the existing activities/institutions/capacities available across the world in the area
of Evaluations with equity and equality focus and note the constraints. An Action plan would be prepared to deal with constraints. We have developed Templates_-_CB2__CB6__CB8.xlsx. I request you all to pl. fill/ the information on these templates. You can also give links where information is available so that the same could be
compiled. Your efforts will be duly acknowledged. Some basic questions are also shared here for your easy reference:
1. VOPES/organisations who have conducted trainings/workshop on gender and equity focused evaluations? Please share the name of the organisation, the facilitator who conducted the
training, resources used, any report of the event etc? or would be interested to do so in future
2. Would you like to share material resources, books, guides, Journals, Technical Guides, Tool kits Online resources from webinars, e-learning to communities of practice and discussion boards for international use with dueacknowledgements and name and contact details of the person filling/ giving
information with source.
3. Is there National Evaluation Policy with focus on (Equity Focused and Gender Responsive Evaluations (GEEFEs). If not, are there any guidelines with GEEFEs?
4. What are the constraints in incorporating GEEFE agenda? What resources are needed if workshops/trainings/ evaluations etc are held with GEEFE agenda?
Hi Rashmi and all,
Attached is a toolkit that Sharon Brisolara developed for USAID in 2014. Some of it is specific to USAID's operational requirements, but much of it might be helpful for other organizations as well.
Thank you so much Christine for such a prompt reply.
All are requested to share for learning of all
Thank you very much for your work! I shared the Gender and Evaluation Mapping that we done in the Gender&Evaluation TWG of the European Evaluation Society. Please, find below extra contributions:
VOPES/organisations who have conducted trainings/workshops:
University: PRIGEPP – FLACSO Argentina - http://www.prigepp.org/
2 months on-line course in Spanish: El enfoque de género en la evaluación de políticas y programas ( Gender perspective and evaluation of policies and programmes) - http://www.prigepp.org/programa.php / http://www.prigepp.org/emails/2014/docs/sem_esp_eva.pdf
Facilitators: María del Carmen Tamargo and Julia Espinosa
Three publications have come out of ISST's project - Engendering Policy through Evaluation: Uncovering Exclusion, Challenging Inequities and Building Capacities, supported by the IDRC and Ford Foundation. These publications are -
1. Toolkit on Gender-Sensitive Participatory Evaluation Methods; written by Ranjani K. Murthy.
2. Engendering Meta-Evaluations: Towards Women's Empowerment; edited by Ratna M. Sudarshan, Ranjani K. Murthy and Shraddha Chigateri.
3. A Resource Pack on Gender Transformative Evaluations; edited by Shraddha Chigateri and Shiny Saha
I thank all those who have replied to the query and provided information. I request others also to respond.
At Institute of Social Studies Trust, Delhi we conduct gender and equity focused evaluations. Three resources might interest you.
1. Here is a paper which might be useful resource. We used elements of community life competence- a strength-based approach to facilitate GEFE.
Nandi, Rajib; Nanda, Rituu B and Jugran, Tanisha. Evaluation from inside out: The experience of using local knowledge and practices to evaluate a program for adolescent girls in India through the lens of gender and equity [online]. Evaluation Journal of Australasia, Vol. 15, No. 1, Mar 2015: 38-47.
Availability:a href="http://search.informit.com.au/documentSummary;dn=936838345059984;res=IELBUS>" target="_blank">http://search.informit.com.au/documentSummary;dn=936838345059984;re...;ISSN: 1035-719X. [cited 01 May 15]
2. We have used SALT approach to facilitate self assessment of domestic workers on domestic work. It was supported by ILO Delhi office. ILO is currently finalising the manual for this tool. To read about Constellation's SALT approach http://www.communitylifecompetence.org/
3. I was part of IDS team which facilitated Participatory Statistics to Examine the Impact of Interventions to Eradicate Slavery: Lessons from the Field’. This was for a project funded by Freedom Fund in two states of India - Bihar and UP. The study was with 14 NGO partners of Geneva Global.
Oosterhoff, P., Bharadwaj, S., Burns, D., Raj, A.M., Nanda, R.B. and Narayanan, P.
CDI Practice Paper 16
It deals with:
The paper draws lessons from the realities of using participatory statistics to support the evaluation of a slavery eradication programme in North India.
The publication has been uploaded to the IDS website and can be found using the following link: http://www.ids.ac.uk/publication/using-participatory-statistics-to-...